Monday, October 08, 2007

I thought that was yesterday

The way I see it, college shouldn't remind me of high school.

I guess I am setting my standards really high, but hear me out. I think when I first came to college I expected things to play out where you should know everyone, and if you only hang out with a selected group of people then you are an exclusive loser and you needed a social life. I think I was wrong about both of these. There is something about cliques, though, that will always bother me. At least, some of the ones that I know. I realize that everyone is exclusive at some point in time, and it's not really fair to expect otherwise from a race of humans whose number one goal is to belong. Actually, if that's how you like to roll, then by all means do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable.

It really bothers me, though, when people try to fit me in the exact same box as them. I don't think it's really fair to hold anyone to a certain criteria that will either help you or put you on an island by yourself. I mean, what the heck? I thought the point of life was to try and be your own person. Why would I want to only hang out with a certain group of people and only do certain things that are expected of me?

Sometimes I feel crazy because of what I do. I guess that is partly because I sometimes I am treated like I am crazy for what I do. Hmm.

I am just bothered people's insecurities and how they have to take it out on other people. But this is the nature of the beast. C'est la vie.

No comments: