Sunday, May 13, 2007

hello dolly

I am kinda tired right now. I need to go to bed. I have been praying for the wisdom to go to bed when I need to. I am excited about going to Philadelphia this summer, even if it's only for 4 days. I love going to conferences, so I am ecstatic about this. I am also happy because this is the first time I am going somewhere way way out-of-state without my sisters or my parents--not counting Florida.

My pastor said that he is going to call me tonight. It's about the fact that I am leaving the church for a while to dedicate myself to ministry with JCA. I feel like a celebrity because he's going to call me.

I'm hot coz I'm fly.

I have a digital camera coming in the mail, so I am pretty excited about that. Last time I owned a camera (not counting a disposable one), it was a Crayola camera and it was 35 mm and I ran out of film because I took random pictures of things like people's feet or the TV when something was on. My point is, when I get this camera I am going to probably do the same thing....except I will call it art this time around.

It was storming outside yesterday really badly--there is something about the rain hitting the windowpane that makes me feel all poetic or whatever, but I wrote this really cool poem and I really really like it. It is one of the few poems that I have written that doesn't rhyme at all. When I had other people read it, they interpreted it so much differently than how I planned it to be....

Poetry is so cool!! I write it like a type of catharsis...it helps me breathe.


I wonder if I should stop flirting the way I do. There is this guy at my home church that I have been really friendly with lately for no particular reason. I think he is cute, but I never know how to stop when the guy starts to flirt back. I feel bad because one side of me says "no way, Tam Tam, you are headed into trouble because you are into someone else" (because I am), but the other side says "go for it, what's the problem? It's not like you are seeing anyone right now or anything". I don't know which side to listen to, but I am pretty sure I am going to just leave it alone. I wonder if flirting has its limits, and if I overstep them often.

Did I mention that the guy is much older than me?

I am trying not to do this, because I think that it's more out of vanity than anything. Whenever I flirt, I usually have in the back of my mind "why wouldn't you want me?" But I now realize the truth of someone's quote on their Facebook profile: "Confidence is sexy, arrogance is not."

Yeah...I am just going to leave it alone...for now.

I am going to go write down my poem and then type it and then post it on one of my other blogs. If you want to read it just message me....I am really paranoid about my poetry...I always think that the Poet Swiper is reading this and conspiring the way to hack into my ultra-secret blogs.


I have said too much.


I leave on this note:
Poet Swiper is watching you.

No comments: